Perfect for those warm summer days or for a refreshing drink any time of the year, the Fretta is our favourite way of making quick and easy iced coffee. We put around 200g ice into the central plastic funnel, grind the coffee a little finer, brew using 60-70 grams per litre, and include the ice as part of your brew water weight.
This newly designed Fretta also doubles perfectly as a V60 drip decanter - by removing the ice funnel and cone support, you can then use the drip cone as you would normally - and now you have a hot brewer with a capacity of 700ml.
Included in the box are 10 x 2 cup Hario paper filters, additional filters are available in packs of 40 or 100. We prefer the bleached white filter papers, over the unbleached. Make sure to still rinse before brewing, and do so with hot water.
PLEASE NOTE SHIPPING IS INCLUDED ON ALL UK EQUIPMENT ORDERS.
V60 BREW GUIDE
1. We recommend using a ratio of 60g of coffee per litre of water.
2. Weigh out as much coffee as you need for the size of your brew.
3. Grind the coffee on a medium setting (similar to granulated sugar).
4. For best results, use filtered water with a low mineral content.
5. Boil the water then pour some through the filter to rinse and preheat the vessel. Discard the rinse water, then add coffee to the V60.
6. We recommend placing the V60 and cup on some weighing scales and tare to zero, so you can easily add the correct amount of water.
7. Pour just enough water onto the coffee to get it all wet, gently stir and wait 30 seconds.
8. Slowly pour the remainder of your water onto the coffee.
9. When pouring, try not to let water get between the filter paper and wall of your V60. Once you’ve added all the water give the liquid a quick stir.
DRINK AND ENJOY.