The white porcelain V60 brewer from Hario.
The innovative design of the V60 brewer - from the swirling ridges, to the large open hole at the base - allows for great full cone brewing, and with a little practice great, even extractions of any coffee can be achieved. A lot of fun to use, as well as being beautifully crafted brewers.
Papers are not included. We prefer the bleached white paper filters over the unbleached. Make sure to still rinse before brewing, and do so with hot water to help preheat the brewer.
V60 BREW GUIDE
1. We recommend using a ratio of 60g of coffee per litre of water.
2. Weigh out as much coffee as you need for the size of your brew.
3. Grind the coffee on a medium setting (similar to granulated sugar).
4. For best results, use filtered water with a low mineral content.
5. Boil the water then pour some through the filter to rinse and preheat the vessel. Discard the rinse water, then add coffee to the V60.
6. We recommend placing the V60 and cup on some weighing scales and tare to zero, so you can easily add the correct amount of water.
7. Pour just enough water onto the coffee to get it all wet, gently stir and wait 30 seconds.
8. Slowly pour the remainder of your water onto the coffee.
9. When pouring, try not to let water get between the filter paper and wall of your V60. Once you’ve added all the water give the liquid a quick stir.
DRINK AND ENJOY.